Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Here we go!

Here we go... we're officially bloggers now too. It's about time. Let's start with a few recent pics. Keep in mind.. not one picture will my kids' teeth be brushed or will their hair be done or will they have on that cute Gymboree outfit I just bought them because although once in a while we try to pay attention to appearance we rarely actually do....there's my disclaimer.

MAXWELL TANNER





This is our Maxwell. He's six years old and as unique as they come. He knows how to melt our hearts or push our buttons and not much in between. Here's him with his last front tooth hanging by a thread. It drove his dentist uncle crazy, but we didn't make him yank it out. We've since learned how to coincidentally sever the nerve while flossing his teeth (yeah, we do that every once in a while).











Max loves to ride his bike, play soccer and baseball, roller blade, smash bugs and kick red ant piles to see them chase after Mommy. He has a flair for being blunt and chewing with his mouth open. He also has a flair for making hilarious faces and being irreverent in Primary Programs. We love it - he reminds me every day to relax and have fun! Usually on the day I've completely lost it, officially beyond repair have had it, I order him to bed and come downstairs to find a hidden I Love You card he made me earlier that day (before I had won Bad Mother of the Day Award).





Here's a pic from his birthday party. The crazy blonde kid in the back was his partner in crime during the Primary Program this year.

He's in first grade and thank heaven for an answered prayer - he has the best teacher in the world! I promised myself I'd use less superlatives, but so far to us, he's the best. He's made learning so fun for Max. He comes home with funny stories and cool things Mr. Straughan said or did all the time - thank heaven for teachers who care and realize the importance of what they do. I hate how hard they push kids in school now - he's doing things I did in third grade, but as long as it stays pretty fun, hopefully he'll survive with sanity in tact.






He is a great big brother. He waited a long time for a sibling and he seems to appreciate her very much. He loves to greet her in the morning with schmoozy baby talk. Boy, I'm glad we cut his hair after seeing this last picture. I got busy for a couple of ....months.

ISABELLE MARIE

Here's our Isabelle Marie (Ellie). Well, we really call her Ellie Belly which ended up being a prophetic foreshadowing thing because her belly button is her security blanket. Instead of sucking her thumb for comfort, she plays with her belly button.





She is a pretty sensitive maternal little girly girl who can still hold her own in a wrestling or biting match. We hope that will continue and help in her efforts to stave off the boys.


She's a sassy little thing too.





She loved her first Halloween and totally got the concept of obtaining as much candy as possible. She cracks us up - we happen to think she's really smart. We're incredibly biased, but you can go ahead and think that she's brilliant too.


Right now we call her Destructo. Need I explain? She is into everything! She has learned how to throw a great tantrum, but she does know how to say "sorry" which helps. She said her first sentence the other week... "I wanna watch that." Her two favorite things are playing outside and watching movies. We try to do more of the first, but it's sure nice when I have to get stuff done to put in Einstein or Happy Feet.

Her claim to fame....dancing and singing. I swear, I'm not forcing it on her, but she loves to dance, tumble and sing. We have fun "get your groove on" afternoons.

But most of all, she is a sweet sweet girl. She gives kisses and "love you"s freely and she is a great gift from Heavenly Father that we feel unworthy of. She's taught us more than we've taught her in her 18 months on earth.





1 comment:

Michelle Bradley said...

You guys are so adorable! I miss you so much!