Thursday, January 10, 2008

What I did and didn't do

What I didn't do today..

The Laundry
The Dishes
Put away Christmas Decorations - yes, they're still up
Anything from my to do list
Shower

What I did do....

Saw my daughter's first reaction to blowing the white blossoms off a dried dandelion for the first time - sheer amazement. She hasn't held that still in a long time.
Taught her how to hit a baseball with a bat - she wants to be just like her brother.
Enjoyed a beautiful day outside with her - upper 60's in January... Wow!
Watched her running circles in the court, shouting, "Run!" and laughing hysterically til she was so dizzy she fell over. And yes, she got up and did it again and again.
Drew chalk drawings on the driveway like I was 6 - quite therapeutic - I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Good for you! The latter is much more important. I'm glad you did it, and you are making memories with her and teaching her. Sadly the first list is the thing that I usually HAVE to get done before I even glance at my kids. Thanks for this, I need to remember whats truly important.

Good to see you blogging again.

And 60 degree weather?! I'm jealous, I despise winter...

Kate said...

Good for you!!! I need to do more of that! I feel like all I do is clean all day sometimes, and it just gets dirty 5 minutes later...so why try so hard I ask myself???
I need to go draw on the sidewalk more often!!