Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Handy Bit of Info...

Did you know that garlic is a natural antibiotic? Shane had a chest infection and I loaded him up with a dinner of minced garlic with a side of spaghetti noodles and sauce and put garlic drops in his ears and he totally cleared up. No doctor visit or meds! Works for me every time too - as long as we don't eat any form of sugar because that will counteract it. In fact, one of the best ways to keep an immune system up is the absence of sugar and the presence of a great multivitamin and minerals. Also the best way to avoid asthma attacks for asthma sufferers - no sugar. Cool thing to know I thought so I wanted to share.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Hey, thanks for posting this! I did know about garlic, but I had no idea that sugar would counteract the garlic. Where did you find all this info? If it was in a book or something, I would LOVE to read it.

Williamson Fam said...

Wow, that is great info to know, i dont know if i could ever do the no sugar part, but that is handy info, thanks for sharing...

Linda said...

oooh, I love this kind of info. Thank you for sharing. I'm all about no doctors and no meds.

Layton family said...

I bet he smells so good!

Amanda in GA said...

I tagged you on my blog

shel7by said...

You're good to always study that stuff and try it out. Be careful, too. While garlic has some antibiotic properties, it's 100x less potent than a prescribed antibiotic. It has no antibiotic properties when it's cooked. So don't let an infection go on too long without a doctor.