Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Last weekend I met up with my BFFs from 8th and 9th grade in Indiana. Meg lives walking distance to Capitol Hill so we shacked with her, saw the sites, laughed at old pics and ate a lot of great food. I took the 2nd and 3rd ever cab ride of my life and saw the real Constitution (There really is something on the back of it). Need I say more? I have the best friends I could ask for. They put up with me so gracefully. I also have the best husband ever. He had no problem letting this be the year of me. Life rocks.

The White House - tourists get a terrible view, Washington and WW II monuments and..."I'm just a bill, yes I'm only a bill, and I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill."



Washington Monument - Steph's professional psychological opinion...totally phallic.


Wise old Abe...
DC World War II Memorial

World War I Memorial





Dinner in old town Alexandria, VA on the water at Chart House - soooooo good. Overlooked the Potomac which Meg informed me has the 2nd highest body count per capita. That's why the water tasted so good.

Dinner and dancing at Marvin - restaurant tributing Marvin Gae. Everything was to die for delicious!


Sunday morning Steph ran a 10K while Meg and I trotted around and burned a whopping 10 calories.

Hi-five action shot - what a photographer!
BFFs forever in front of the Potomac and Jefferson Memorial

AND THAT'S HOW A BILL BECOMES A LAW!

4 comments:

Layton family said...

Andrea, you must have had so much fun. Was it cold??? I will look forward to hearing about it. THe pics below...whoa watch out, hottie...I bet you 2 had some fun after you got home?!?!

Craig and Cynthia said...

Drea,
That looks amazing. How nice to be able to get some time away. I love the costumes. Shane sent craig a text message of him and I couldn't stop laughing. Its awesome.

Ranell said...

I love D.C. I haven't been there for about 10 years. Looks like you had a great trip with your girlfriends. We all need that, sometimes!

Jennie Taylor said...

Andrea--your trip looks like fun. We just missed you--we got there the Monday after the weekend you were there. You'll have to come back and visit us once we move there next month!!