Saturday, January 3, 2009

We drove to my parents' in North Carolina for Christmas this year. The weather was freakishly warm the day after Christmas so we went straight to the beach. Here's some pics from that, but unfortunately when I cleared my camera of the Christmas day pics, the website I uploaded them to won't allow me to access the raw file from my home computer so crap about that. But, this was probably the highlight anyway. Well, it's between this and the movie theater with a snoring man to our right, two stoned with the munchies and food they couldn't keep quiet to our left and the lady in front of us asking her husband questions in an insanely loud voice. Hmmmm.




Cold water and street clothes didn't stop him - he was wet from waist down by the time we went home.


We had a fan blowing on her for this shot. She's got the far-off pensive look down - we're now working on her "you're a tiger" shot.


This would make you think they were working cooperatively on the sandcastle - not so much.


She loves her daddy!




Grandpa's kite flying skills. Ellie managed to hold it without letting it go for a really long time - I was shocked!


The lovely birds that don't leave you alone if you feed them. The kids practically had them eathing out of their hands just as we ran out of our food. We went home hungry, but Ellie talked about that the whole way home. My rough and tough husband has a secret fear of things flying around his head. Wish I had gotten a picture of him with the birds swarming. He can girly scream wayyyyyy better than me.





5 comments:

Jessie said...

How awesome is that!! I love the beach wintertime or summertime!!

Williamson Fam said...

What a fun holiday, and i am so with your hubby, I have a non secret fear of birds....

Jennie Taylor said...

How fun--Christmas vacation at the beach??? That sounds delightful!!

Craig and Cynthia said...

What? Bowling,pigging out and the Wii with us wasn't fun? just kidding I wish I would have gotten to the beach

Layton family said...

Is Shane wearing white stockings in taht picture or are his legs really that opaque?!!!?