Thursday, September 24, 2009

We did it!


Ever since my friend, Laura, did a sprint triathlon, I've been itching to do one - they sounded like so much fun, a great challenge, and perfect training for someone with what I call exercise ADD (a side effect of ballet where we change what we do every few minutes, I think)

Shane and I did our first trial run with some guys from our church. It was pouring rain and sooooo much fun! We've had a blast training together. I can't talk when I run because of my asthma so he has to talk the whole time....which isn't usually his style. I love hearing so much from him! He hung back with me since we were on some major roads and we finished in 1 hour 49 minutes - a little longer than we had hoped, but hopefully we'll shave some time off for our race in Savannah Oct 31st. This is such a great excuse for us to travel away for a few days at a time too!


No comments: