Friday, December 14, 2007

Fun in the toilet room?

So lately Ellie has been saying, "I poo" before she goes or right when she's done. So being overly excited and hopeful, I've been cheering for the poo when she tells me and talking to her about putting it in the toilet, showing her the toilet and the water,etc. The other day she said it and she hadn't gone yet, so I took her to the toilet room and sat her on it. She smiled and thought it funny and then wanted off and back on...you know the routine. Since we happened to have nowhere to be for the next hour and thinking for sure she would have to poo soon and I'd put her on there real quick, we hung out in the bathroom for a while....what ended up being an hour! We sang songs, counted tampons, I let her stand on the toilet, sit, put the lid up and down and she even managed to get a foot in the water at one point. She's so tiny for her age, she probably could go down the drain and it was so unrealistic trying to make her comfortable on the big seat, but who knew I could come up with an hour's worth of material from a toilet room? Can I put that on my resume? I'll do that after I go buy a toddler toilet seat.

4 comments:

Craig and Cynthia said...

Drea,
I love your blog. So creative. Question for you? How do you put the music on? I have been trying to figure it out but I am not very good at this. Love you and good luck with the poopin :) haha

Andrea said...

Scroll all the way to the bottom of my main page and you'll see the music feed. Click on create your own playlist - have fun!

Craig and Cynthia said...

Craig T Bizzle says.... Drea Maria bonia!!! Sup girl!!! so you are in a book club huh, never saw that one coming haha!! J/k Love Ya

Heather said...

A definite for the resume! What can be more difficult than entertaining a 20 month old until they go poo?? And - doing this until they are potty trained?! I think us moms can handle anything after potty training a child!!