Saturday, April 26, 2008

Alpharetta Idol...

This was so fun! Our ward did a talent show called Alpharetta Idol and they even had judges that were totally the part - it was hilarious. My friend Tansy and I did a lyrical dance that turned out ok. The stage was small and slippery, but we worked it out. :-)

Then, a bunch of us did a spoof dance to Spice Girls, Paula Abdul, Vanilla Ice, Whoomp There It Is. I wore Shane's jeans with his boxers hanging out. Hope I don't get my recommend taken away tomorrow. That rocked the house. Gotta give props to my ladies - you rock! I learned some sweet moves my husband couldn't believe I did. Can't wait for next year.





Randy and Paula loved our lyrical dance. Simon said "Now I know what it feels like to be a garden gnome and have leaping leprechans all around me." I about fell on the floor laughing. The judges were hilarious - totally the part.



Simon actually like this performance, but Randy said "White girls still can't dance". That's because his wife is the one in the blue :-) Tansy's husband did the audio (he even faded the Idol song in and out in and out between performances and judging and a dude in our ward who totally looks like Ryan Seacrest played him and was awesome at it. Wish I had gotten pictures of them.

10 comments:

Kate said...

y'all are so cute!!

Rachel said...

Nice!! You guys kinda look intimidating. I'm sad I missed this, somebody took video right?

Linda said...

Looks like fun! You are too cute Andrea. I wish I had some of your talent!

Tansy said...

I think I need to work on my gangsta smile....maybe I should stick with my leaping leprechaun leaps.

TheShumWAYS said...

How funny I was blog hopping trying to find a name for my baby and ran into your blog! It was good to see you!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

I wish I could have been there! You all look great! Hopefully next year I'll be around! I need to see your moves!

Layton family said...

Sounds very fun. Anytime you get a chance to dance, good for you! It reminds me of the time you and Elizabeth danced for our indy ward! Sorry we haven't been able to connect lately. Was it this hard when our girls were Sadie's age??

Jessie said...

I am so sad that I missed this. Y'all look AWESOME!!

Kendra said...

I can't believe we had to miss it! It looks like you guys had a blast. I'm sure your lyrical performance was amazing. Always your own worst critic!

Kate said...

You need to update your blog sweet girl!