Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Ellie!

She was hilarious! She was in awe that it was "her day". I couldn't believe she was old enough to notice, but she was so thrilled and kept saying , "birdday, birdday". Definitely the best day of her life so far. If we ask her how old she is, she says, "Two, yeaaaaahhh" When people asked her about her birthday, her eyes light up and she nods her head like she was a princess that day. We had a Curious George party with the Atkinsons - thanks for coming! The last picture is pin the butterfly on George's finger. And, I made a wheat-free chocolate cake that looked like a monkey and wasn't half bad (with lots of frosting) - but, drat, I forgot to get a good picture of it - it looks funny upside down. Did you know you can go to PBS Kids to get printables and cake instructions? Man, I love the internet and public programming.

















7 comments:

Layton family said...

Awhh how adorable. She obviously loved it. I will be there on Sunday... not creative enough for specialized cakes though, Way to go!Maybe one of these days we will connect on the phone.

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

Good job on the cake! I can't believe she's already two! She's a cutie!

shel7by said...

Happy Birthday, Ellie! We love you!

Tyler Lyman Family said...

Hi Andrea, I've been keeping quiet but still keep up with your blog. Just wanted to say -- can Ellie eat other grains? We've been using spelt and kamut and they're really quite tasty! Love ya -- Bek

Kate said...

so cute!!!! She is adorable, really. She's just so dang cute. Happy Birthday!!!
ps- my neighbor, Ilsa, is so impressed with my friends from my church. She can't believe how nice everyone is. She met Brooke the other day. Should I tell her that you and Brooke are EXTRA nice? or just let her think we are all super sweet? ha ha

Linda said...

What type of flour did you use in that cake? I've yet to make a wheat-free cake. Do you mind sending me the recipe?? It's such a cute cake too! And your Ellie is adorable. She looks like a little feminine version of Max.

Michelle Bradley said...

SO cute! How can she be 2 already? She and Max look so much alike.

oh ya, China does make cool stuff!