Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I got a flight to Utah as a birthday present to visit my high school friends there and took Max along with me so he could see his cousins. Unfortunately, we're missing a Musketeer - poor Emily had the stomach flu and couldn't make it out from Colorado :-( Here are our highlights...

Costa Vida - I LOVE food and I got to eat at restaurants I haven't been to in 3+ years - Rubios, Costa Vida and Cafe Rio received lots of my money while I was there. Here's my darling friend Melanie and I at Costa Vida. She's the pregnant one who ate a small salad and I'm the non-pregnant one who downed the largest one they sell.



So Melanie without any advance notice told her cute little Kaylee that a ballerina was coming. Within three minutes of entering the doorway I was requested to perform - in a dress mind you...sorry for flashing your children Mel but you asked for it :-) Poor girl here is getting the wedgy of her life I think - they were so fun and made me feel right at home...miss you guys! Our friend Erin got us some great tickets to the Flash and it was a blast - they are great family entertainment! I still haven't gotten the cheese whiz off my coat yet.

Max got to spend some great quality time with Papa Dave who showed us a great time! We hot tubbed, skiied, went inside some killer RVs (Max asked if I could charge more for piano so we can buy one....we had a great economics lesson)


My little man can ski! I was so proud of him - Papa did a great job teaching him the technicalities and was very patiend when Max went careening down the slopes at break-neck pace. We did 6 runs and he never got hurt - just cried as we were leaving because his hands were frozen to the core but he hadn't noticed before. He was constantly stopping to take his gloves off and eat snow - natural consequence sweetie.






Craig and Cynthia drove, no, ice skated a car down from Idaho to see us - thank you thank you thank you! We had a blast snowball fighting, sledding, playing Ticket to Ride, singing carols at the piano (they have great voices) and stuffing ourselves silly. I got to chat with their first unborn child - we are definitely bonded now.



Then we headed to Grandma Jinky's new house and took the train to Temple Square. It was fareeeeezing! We didn't last long, but I got in one picture for the books.




Thanks for the ticket honey!

No comments: