Tuesday, December 22, 2009


My beautiful piano student just passed away at 15 due to complications from anesthesia after knee surgery. It was so unexpected and tragic. I have been heartbroken so I can only imagine what her family must be going through. She was a lovely, talented and sincere person that I adored. We had so much fun sharing our passion for piano and she was my children's favorite babysitter.
For our recital last May, she asked me with her big bright eyes if she could play "My Heart Will Go On". I informed her that everyone else was playing classical pieces at my request. She was persistent and her eyes spoke her plea clearly. I couldn't say no to her - she was convinced it was what she wanted to play. I look back on that moment with tenderness and in awe of the irony. Surely it wasn't a coincidence because that is exactly what will happen. Her heart will go on in all the lives she touched. I will take a little piece of it with me all my life and return it to her in the kingdom on high. I look forward to that moment and will miss her so much between now and then. My children will miss their favorite babysitter. You loved them like a mother loves her own. You are amazing. Til we meet again darling...


No comments: