Sunday, September 26, 2010

I DID IT!!!! I did my first half-marathon! For those of you who know my struggle with asthma, know how big of a deal this is. Then I developed plantar fasciatis during my training and had to start over. But it all worked out, praise God (yes the south is rubbing off on me), and it was a blast. ...the Women's Half Marathon in Nashville, TN with 14 wonderful women and friends...finish time was 2:05:49.

We started off at the Nashville Temple for a session.


Then on to the check-in to get our PINK PERSONALIZED numbers. Next came the Expo for some shopping....no I didn't get a 13.1 sticker for my car....they're not much of a novelty anymore.

We did a Spaghetti Factory dinner next (and they have GLUTEN-FREE noodles - yay!)



6 am lobby pic. 6 am is only my friend on race days.


See - proof that I really did run it! In fact, I ran water guys down instead of stopping so I could say I didn't walk a lick of it.

The medal has a charm in the middle of it that you can remove and put on a chain necklace.
Some amazing friends that I admire and adore. Showered and heading to Jack's BBQ (which happens to be Oprah's favorite bbq that she has flown in from Nashville) It did not disappoint!
And in VERY CLOSE SECOND to finishing the race was the purchase of my first pair of genuine cowgirl boots from downtown Nashville. I had to a huge happy dance in the store after buying them.

No comments: