Sunday, September 26, 2010

So these pictures aren't gonna knock any socks off, but this trip marked the first where I accompanied Shane on a work trip to Minneapolis. Shane worked. Here's what I did:
  • Slept in
  • Walked unshowered and barely dressed to the tamale shop in the skyway just off the hotel and got a tamale for breakfast each morning. Brought it back to the hotel room, stuffed my face as slowly as I wanted to.
  • Read what and when I wanted to.
  • Showered as slowly as I wanted to.
  • Walked wherever I wanted to.
  • Went to the bathroom whenever I needed to - if you're a mom, you understand this novelty.
  • Ate lunch when and where I wanted to.
  • Shopped in whatever stores I wanted to and for however long I wanted to.
  • Drank organic teas from places I wanted to.
  • Got waxed for the first time since before I was married.

That was my favorite vacation ever so far. And Minneapolis does not have much to offer, but apparently, you can give me a bed, shower, restaurants, stores and unlimited me-time and I am a rejuvinated girl. Definitely doing it once a year.

They had some pretty neat architecture - for about a block.


It's amazing what life lessons Sponge Bob has taught us. Have you noticed how patient he is amidst conflict, adversity and stupidity of others? Have you noticed how inclusive he is of all around him. He makes us happy.


At the Lego store in Mall of America for kid souvenirs. I hated the Mall of America. The downtown skyway shopping was much better.

No comments: