Monday, July 21, 2008

If you love them, leave them........Remember that Mormon ad about couple missionaries? If you're not Mormon or haven't seen that ad, this blog post is titled, "I wanna talk about me." I'll explain....I have designated this fall to be the months of ME. It's time for me to be 28 (I'm only 28? I feel like I've gone through as much as a 40 year old!)....and have some real adult social time with my girlz! And not be a mommy 24 hours a day 7 days a week (OK, not that bad - Shane does watch them a lot too) But, you know what I mean. I'm not very good at being persistent for myself and my needs ( I try, and then I feel bad or something goes haywire or this or that), so present me with a trophy folks, because I'm going to go have me-time! It's been 9 years of marriage, working 2-3 jobs to help pay for Shane's school, forgoing my degree for his and kids, putting my wants and health on the shelf, etc - which I do not regret one bit. But, saddle up, pack my bags....San Francisco and Washington D.C.....here I come!!!! Wahooooooo. Thanks to all of you who helped me realize I needed to jump on this opportunity to give myself a little of my 20's before they're gone! Can't wait to see my 8th grade buds in Washington D.C. and my high school girlz in San Fran! I can't believe how blessed I am with friends from decades ago who still keep in touch and stay my friend as we've experienced life a continent apart. And a big thanks to my nearby friends who wouldn't let me not go! I am overwhelmed and so incredibly grateful - I hope I can be as good a friend to all you as you are to me.

3 comments:

Craig and Cynthia said...

So your flight to S.F. stops at boise for a little while yea?
Craig

Andrea said...

Hmmmm..... no, but I didn't have to use my companion ticket so we've still got that possibility! Maybe Cynthia and you would like to take a drive to see San Fran?

Tansy said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you to go on your trips. You are going to have a blast :)

BTW, my computer won't let me see your high school memory photos? (I guess they would like me to work while I'm on the job) I will try when I get home.