Monday, July 28, 2008


A little tale of a mom and a son....

It all happened on a muggy July afternoon. A mother and son were having our daily "Mommy/Son time". This is where Son gets to choose whatever he wants to do with his Mommy while Sister is sleeping. This particular time, Son chooses Knex - these microscopic little pieces of plastic that you configure together to create something unique and interesting....at least that's the goal. So Son, being highly skilled in this area (definitely inheriting it from his father) proceeds to create a fighter ship fully equipped with 7 guns, rotating pieces, multi-dimensional shape, etc (seen in photo on left). Mother is both impressed and intimidated by it. Mother knows how to make pretty music or dancing, not put together battleships. Mother commences an attempt to at least equal Son's efforts. She puts together a hot air balloon (seen in photo on right). At which point, Son says, "Mom, it's gotta be something interesting like mine. Yours doesn't have an engine. It's gotta have an engine and yours also looks like a sqeaky toy." The moral of the story...when Sons get to be 7, they have high expections for Mother/Son time.....do your homework first.

9 comments:

Erin said...

Boys, boys, boys!!! Funny story. So glad you found me, it is fun to hear from you and see your adorable family.

Williamson Fam said...

Oh that is a great story, i will try to come prepared when my time comes, what a great mom you are..

Craig and Cynthia said...

Drea,

That is so funny. I can just imagine the look on "sons" face when he said that. That use to happen to me all the time when I use to babysit. By the way.. I love your new picture of the family.

Rachel said...

That's pretty funny! Sometimes you just can't keep up with a kid's imagination!

The Ball Family said...

I was just looking at your blog and you have the cutest little family! I love your family picture!

Tansy said...

Max is so smart. It's amazing how boys come up with things like that.

Jessie said...

That is too funny!! I think that your hot air balloon is great....good luch with that next time!!

The Bills Family said...

Andrea, What an adorable family! Thanks for getting in touch. WE won't be in California until the first of the year. We are looking very forward to it. Good to see you are doing so well!
Stephanie

Michelle Bradley said...

That is so funny! Boys have that ability to build things like that don't they? I know I'm so boring when Austin and I try do do stuff like that together! You look great as always! I miss you tons!