Saturday, June 28, 2008


Shane.... It's been nine years. Happy Anniversary honey. Here's a few of the many things that I love about Shane.... 1. His sense of humor. Not always p.c. and funny as heck. 2. His rugged good looks - a cliche that is entirely true with him - hands off ladies! 3. His full lips. Wish I had full lips to return his smooches with. 4. The fact that he doesn't care that I don't have full lips. 5. His back - one of his best features - love the big broad shoulders! 6. The time he's been spending with the kids and bonding with them. 7. The fact that he wants to be cleaning his gun everytime Ellie's future dates come to pick her up. 8. He plays church music on Sunday mornings when I'm a crazed maniac getting everything ready. 9. He knows how to adequately pack a church bag when necessary. 10. He's trying to learn what doesn't have sugar, wheat, and dairy - it's hilarious. He was totally clueless, but now he's a pro at it. 11. His one liners - I can now say them exactly when he does because they're so predictable. I love that I know him that well though. 12. He knows me so well - he's learned what makes me tick, when to be gentle in his communication and when to call me out on something. 13. He knows to leave me alone once a month and knows that it's not his fault and I'm not really mad. 14. He's not obsessed with himself - there's only enough room for one of us to be I guess. Maybe I should give him a turn someday :-) 15. He's tough - he's one of those guys that would get stabbed with a sword in the old days and still keep fighting his guts out. Hot! 16. He's protective but not a jealous guy. 17. My parents adore him. 18. He can put up with my crazy brothers. 19. He doesn't have a good poker face. I ALWAYS know when he's fibbing. I love that. It would scare me to not know when he was fibbing. 20. He only fibs when it's a good thing. 21. He's an awesome bowler. 22. He's an awesome bball player. 23. He gave up cliff and sky diving for me. 24. He loves sports. 25. He supported me returning to ballet. 26. He watches the kids a ton. 27. He's not obsessed with guy friends. 28. He thinks I'm still hot with no makeup and morning breath. 29. He understands where I come from and why I am who I am. 30. He makes the best scrambled eggs and corn pancakes hands down. 31. He has no idea how to cook with pans other than that - it's cute. 32. He's got skillz on the bbq. 33. He's got skillz on the snowboard.
34. He's got skillz on the wakeboard. 35. He won a Mr. Sexy Legs Contest once - very deservedly so. 36. He took me to the temple - my dream #1. 37. He is the father of our children - my dream #2. 38. He took me to Hawaii - my dream #3.
38. He's agreed to take me to Europe someday - my dream #4. 39. He supported me teaching ballet and piano. 40. He can finish a basement with his bare hands and a How To Book. 41. He can do anything with his bare hands and a How To Book or YouTube videos. 42. He's going to make a treehouse with Max. 43. He considered letting me have a ballet studio in the basement. 44. He has a man room. 45. He's okay with some kids toys in his man room. 46. He'll watch Barbie with Ellie in his man room. 47. He's a genius with electronics - seriously a genious. 48. He's going to be an adorable old man someday. 49. He plays hilarious jokes on my mother and makes her laugh hysterically. 50. He understands why I need to fall off the end of the earth every once in a while. 51. He can burb the ABCs and passed that ability on to our son. 52. He cried when he first held our daughter. 53. He gives great Father's blessings. 54. When we were having a bad storm in AZ, he strapped our emergency kit on his back and went over to our neighbor's house to check on her (she was pregnant) and her 5 children who were home alone that night. 55. He sold his nice car to help pay for my naturopath's bills. (Medicine makes everything worse for me) and he probably doesn't even believe in naturopaths. 56. He gives the best massages hands down. 57. He gives me massage all the time. 58. I can beat him in a wrestling match because he is ticklish. 59. He's been through so much and has learned how to stand on his own. 60. He loves the outdoors. 61. He got me to like camping because he showed me how it's done right. 62. He's very intelligent. 63. He's very good at his profession. 64. He has an ease about him. 65. He puts his arm around me at church. 66. He turns to mush when I scratch his back. 67. He's a math whiz. 68. He went to school part time and worked full time to get his degree and provide for us. 69. He humors my hair-brained ideas. 70. He doesn't care when the bathroom's a mess. 71. He cares about conserving water. 72. He cares about politics. 73. He cares about our financial future. 74. He was scared of girls til he was 16. His first kiss wasn't til around 17.. I think. Those out there who've kissed him can let me know if he's telling the truth or not. 75. He'll watch ice skating and gymnastics with me. 76. He'll sleep next to me while I watch ballet. :-) 77. He doesn't mind having cereal for dinner when I've cooked some weird healthy thing. 78. He loves the Olympics as much as I do. 79. His definition of crescendo....when I TALK LOUDER LIKE THIS! 80. The stripes he makes on the lawn when he mows it. 81. He likes to cuddle. 82. He still tries pick up lines on me. 83. He pays the bills. 84. His massages.85. Did I mention the massages? 86. His determination - when he sets his mind to something, he accomplishes it. 87. His sensitivity - he can be very tender. 88. His taste in movies. 89. His wavy hair. 90. He's not above doing dishes. 91. He hardly ever forgets family prayer. 92. He refused to believe his baby Ellie was ready for a big girl bed. 93. His smile. 94. His winks. 95. He can chuck Max across the whole pool with one arm. 96. He loves our children. 97. He loves me. 98. He is a great leader. 99. He is a great friend. 100. He is a great husband.

6 comments:

shel7by said...

love shane, too. and you. congrats, guys!

Craig and Cynthia said...

Congrats on the anniversary guys. We tried to call but there was no answer..hmm I wonder why..jk It was also mine and Craigs 3 year anniversary of when we met..glad you guys share that with us. We love you guys,
Cynthia and Craig

Craig and Cynthia said...

DEALS WITH CRAZY BROTHERS? drea you hit an "s" on the end of that. You meant brother as in bob right?
Craig

Andrea said...

Of course - you know him and his multiple personalities. That's what I was talking about.

Kate said...

What a great guy! You are lucky, but he is luckier to have you!

Kenny Cook said...

I found your link to Dr. Nelson Bulmash (Great Naturopath in Georgia http://health-matters.net) in your favorite sites and have to say after visiting him for about 8 months I am a completely different person! Not only is he a naturopath but he is my favorite chiropractor in Alpharetta!

Now I'm reading more of your site!