Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

Our friend's hosted a Easter picnic and egg hunt at the park - it was so much fun! She had the vision of the scene from Steel Magnolias and it was really close! Except I was the only one with a hat - I guess I'm the only corny one.

We thought Ellie would be clueless and trampled over, but she totally understood and was racing for eggs.

She had a couple false starts, then held back in line eyeing the competition with a fierce and determined look. She looked left, looked right, then sprinted off at the gun and threw a couple elbows along the way to the eggs. Didn't need our help much :-( but it's good she can take care of herself. When she was done, she sprinted off to the lake and tried to step right into the water. She would've gone swimming if I hadn't pulled her back.

I think it's because of her brother playing egg hunt with our decorative eggs at home. I'm going to be finding them until Christmas time. We forgot to tell him to go find the "not so obviously hidden eggs" so he totally took all the eggs in plain sight, then said "Mom, I found 12 in like 2 seconds and finished way before everyone else. " Oops...

And no, we didn't really have a gun.




The loot...


1 comment:

Jessie said...

you are better than me I let Davis go ahead and start hunting the eggs before the others. Once he started I couldn't get him to stop :)