Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I've Been Tagged

What I was doing ten years ago-
Ah, Senior year of high school – getting ready to graduate and deciding where I was going for college and what my major would be. Did I want to stay in CA at Oakland Ballet and try to train to be a professional ballet dancer or follow the academic route and become an anesthesiologist or English professor? I ended up choosing the academic route – went to Arizona State with a major in English Education with pre-med science qualifications. Didn’t do so hot in my Majors Biology class– there was just SOOOO many hot pre-med guys!!!!! Then I met the hottest guy, married him and didn’t finish my degree – oh well) Loved high school – loved my friends, dances, hanging out. LOVED CALIFORNIA!!!!! I’m a beach girl all the way!

What I was doing five years ago-
Working as a bookkeeper, raising one of the great joys/struggles of my life – Max (Loved him to death!!!! He brought me all the happiness I had! He was also extremely oppositional/defiant and hyper so it took 250% of the energy I really had to practice good parenting) Shane was working full-time and in school so I claim after years of helping put him through I really do have a degree – a PhT (Did you guess it? Putting Husband Through - It’s valid in heaven I hope)

What I was doing one year ago-
Settling into Georgia and our new house. I had no idea that moving across the country to a new climate would be so taxing and exhilarating at the same time! Worrying about Max’s adjustment – creating ways he could make new friends, dealing with a terrible teacher and a kid at school he wouldn’t stop fighting with. Trying to get this monster of a house (it truly is my castle – I’ll be happy here forever) allergy/asthma-proof, child-proof, painted and decorated (which I have done by trial and error – TOO MANY returns!) Having a grand time living by Britt and Erik – spending many a night and weekend playing games, hot-tubbing, watching movies, playing pool, etc. LOVING my first spring since living in the Midwest 15 years ago. I would run to the window to check out the robins and bluejays and cardinals.

What I was doing yesterday-
Practicing for a church musical program. (This ward is always tackling lots of endeavors of which I’m glad to be a part of. I’m surrounded by wonderful and talented people.) Returning something to Michael’s and Coldwater Creek. (I didn’t know Max had an opinion on Crocs, but he’s refusing to wear the ones I bought him), cleaning house, laundry, teaching piano, making dinner for the kids who we’ve recently found out are allergic to wheat, oats, and all dairy products, having a Dancing With The Stars date with my husband and Chinese take-out – he was hero of the night for that!

I enjoy-
A book on the beach, a great steak and salad - any great food for that matter, clothes and shoes, ballet, piano, singing, children, friends, family, going on a cruise with Shane

Five TV shows I love-
Lost, American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Dancing with the Stars, The Office

Five things I hate-
Alarm clocks, when people judge (including when I do it), when I say the wrong thing and look selfish, weather under 65 degrees, singing solos, getting blood drawn, cleaning my toilets

Five biggest joys in my life-
Friends, family, my husband’s jokes and scrambled eggs, seeing my children grow, spiritual experiences or new information about the gospel - do I really have to stop at 5?

I tag all y'all!!!!! Love to hear about you!

2 comments:

Craig and Cynthia said...

Andrea,
You posted pictures..yeah. I really shouldn't comment because I have not posted anything since February 25 eeeks. I am so excited to see you and Ellie this week. I have this really fun game I am going to bring. I love all of the posts and I really think you have a PhT as well.
Love ya

Kate said...

What about Chuck??? ha ha
I'm shocked you don't like to sing solos!!! hzqij