Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Where have I been?

Dealing with this is one of the reasons I've been MIA. We had a big storm that uprooted our biggest poplar tree in the back. It fell on our neighbor's tree which held it up for a few days and then they both fell and took down his fence. It's been a chore, but we went ahead and had them cut down a few trees and all the big bushes and brush, so now we know what our land looks like.
Max and Shane love to go romping out there. We've got plenty of firewood now! Shane's excited to rent an excavator and grade it. I can't wait for a swingset for Ellie and Max can't wait for the fire pit they're going to do. Fun projects for the future...if we could just finish what's on our plate now.


BEFORE...

AFTER....

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Good to have you back! It looks good, my kids would have a blast out there. I don't think I would ever see them...unless they got hungry.

Linda said...

Wow! This is your backyard? They don't have backyard's like that in AZ... looks like a forest! Your kids must have so much fun.

Kate said...

wow you guys did a great job!